ARTS & ENTERTAINMENT
PICTURE OF THE WEEK
This stone marks the entrance to Fitz Hugh Lane Park on Harbor Loop in Gloucester, Massachusetts and sits at the foot of the Fitz Hugh Lane House that the artist built in 1849. Although now it is called the Fitz Henry Lane House, the stone, etched in Cape Ann granite, retains the old name by which he was mistakenly known. He was born Nathaniel Rogers Lane and changed his name to Fitz Henry Lane in 1832. Since his death he was mistakenly know as Fitz Hugh Lane until an 1831 letter came to light in 2005.
Copyright 2015-2016 Cape Ann Planet. All rights reserved.